$1500 in Belongings Stolen from Car Parked at Southdale Center
Two firearms were also brought in to the Edina Police Department for destruction.
All information taken from the Jan. 7, 2013 Edina Police Department Crime Activity Report.
Monday, Dec. 31
- Police responded to the 5800 block of Creek Valley Road on a report of a domestic disturbance.
- Police responded to Panera Bread on a report of theft. A wallet valued at $334 was taken from a victim's purse at the restaurant.
Tuesday, Jan. 1
- Joseph David Kaiser, 18, of Edina, was arrested for 3rd degree DWI near the intersection of Hwy. 100 and West 50th Street.
- Marius Derrell Fair, 36, of Minneapolis, was arrested for theft at JCPenney in Southdale Center. He was apprehended after allegedly attempting to steal $54 in merchandise from the store.
- Police responded to the 5800 block of Londonderry Road on a report of found tools.
- Christopher Paul Diedrich, 38, of Minneapolis, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a small amount of marijuana after his vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation near the intersection of West 44th Street and France Avenue.
- Police responded to Southdale Center on a report of a theft from auto. A cell phone, tablet PC and wallet—valued at $1,560 in total—were taken from the parked vehicle.
- Alexander Joseph Grazzini, 28, of Edina, was arrested for 2nd degree DWI and an open bottle violation after his vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation near Hwy. 100 and West 50th Street.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- Police responded to the Yorktown Continental Apartments on a report of theft from auto. A handicapped permit valued at $20 was stolen from a vehicle. The suspect reportedly broke one of the car's windows to gain entry, then stole the permit.
- Police responded to the 3400 block of Parklawn Avenue on a report of a stolen credit card.
Thursday, Jan. 3
- Police responded to the 5500 block of Lincoln Drive on a report of a burglary. An unidentified suspect pried the lock from a door to gain entry.
- An Edina resident came to the Edina Police Department to turn in two firearms for destruction.
- Police responded to Walgreen's on a report of theft. An unidentified suspect reportedly stole a purse valued at $131 from a cart while the victim was shopping at the store.
- Police responded to the 5500 block of Interlachen Boulevard on a report of fraudulent use of a credit card.